Welcome to the Finance Department at the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business.
The Finance Department offers courses and programs leading to BS, MS and PhD degrees. In addition, the Finance Department plays a significant role in providing accounting and information assurance courses with the Smith School’s MBA program.
Over the past decade, the Finance Department has doubled in size and earned an international reputation for its distinguished record of research and its contributions to practice through teaching excellence and professional thought leadership.
- Recent media interviews featuring our faculty in Financial Times, New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal, and press releases about student activities, such as our annual M&A Competition
- Latest research from our faculty
- The Smith School’s exciting $12 Million doctoral initiative
- Our completely restructured and comprehensive set of MBA elective courses
- Our MS Program
- The consistent market-outperformance of our student-run investment funds
- Our Financial Markets Labs with Bloomberg, Reuters and other databases
Finance department contacts.